Ashley_1_i
I think that everybody agrees with what Saffer says on the third page about all of the things that don't work for us as conveniently as they are supposed to. We have all been in a situation where we thought about how we could fix these problems....that is if we didn't have to do it ourselves.
I also liked how he called interaction design an applied art on page 5. Most people don't think of things like interaction design to be an art, but as with any form of art, there is talent, understanding, passion, and creativeness involved.
Finally, I liked when he said that emotion must be involved in the design process because that is how the interaction connects with people. And, that designers should draw upon past experiences to solve the design problem, but the solution should still be very specific to that situation.
3 Comments:
Yes totally you have to have emotion. With no emotion you have no story.
I really believe that this could be an art form. I don't think things like the Ipod or the RAZR phones would have been nearly as popular without the Aesthetic design.
Exactly... Exactly... Exactly! Sometimes I think that we are all artists in disguise. Some people have the talent and patience, while others don't. And what is art without passion and emotion? Without such, design becomes lifeless and boring. A design might be technically brilliant, but if it is not appealing to the user, it's pretty much a failure.
Post a Comment
<< Home