Ashley_2_i/q
On page 25, Saffer says that "Sometimes a button problem is just a button problem." I think that this is a good thing to keep in mind when we are working on our own projects. Many of us have big ideas of how to fix or do things, but we can often mess things up even more by going overboard. Sometimes the simplest solution is the best solution because something complicated may be cool, but may not be user friendly.
Also, he talks about the 4 approaches to design and how most designers tend toward one or another. I wonder though, why wouldn't designers strive to use them all at the same time? I mean, wouldn't that give the most flexibility? Shouldn't they strive to use as many approaches as possible for each task?
2 Comments:
I totally agree with you because I am always the one who never catches my mistakes and they always turn out to be small ones.
I completely agree with both points. Sometimes when doing a project, the simplest solution is the best solution. I think we can probably take that advice and apply it to life in general. I know there are times when I've made something excessively complicated when the best solution is right in front of me. As for the 4 methods, of course I think a designer should try to aim for the ultimate in flexibility.
Post a Comment
<< Home