Ashley_ch.3_i
There is sooooooo much information in this chapter. The way that he lists clearly all of the elements of interaction design and characteristics of good interaction design were very helpful to think about. It was also interesting that there were so many laws. Some of them I didn't agree with as much as others...like Hick's law could lead to a lot of clutter which is not good design. Fitts' law made perfect sense because we are automatically drawn to things that are big or that are in places we expect. I didn't agree with the magical number seven law because, while it is true in general, it doesn't make much sense to use it in web development. As long as the site is well organized and not too cluttered, I don't think it matters how many items there are. Tesler's law seems to be absolutely true to me, and that is the one I like the most.
4 Comments:
There is so much information in this chapter, I felt that a lot of the information seemed to overlap itself.
Tesler's law stuck out in my mind the most as well. It seems so logical that you can't simplify everything, but I'm guessing that we as humans will always keep trying.
Tessler's Law stood out to me, too. It's a good thing to keep in perspective when you're trying to make everything as user-friendly as possible and constantly hitting a wall.
I think the Seven Law is the one that gets broken most often in interactivity and web design. Look at Yahoo. They have dozens of items on their frontpage. Then again, they are often criticized for having "portal syndrome" with too much clutter around.
Post a Comment
<< Home