Cassie_1_I
Wow! So the first chapter got me really thinking about all the ways we use interactive design on a daily basis without really knowing it. I also started thinking about all of the different skills we designers have to attain just like the book says. We have to be psychologists, engineers, architects, scientists, and artists. Not only do we have to implement these skills, but we have to be passionate about them or our designs become un-emotional and lifeless. One last thought -- I was reading the section on Samuel Morse, and I guess I never realized that morse code was a form of interactive design. In that case, I've always been involved with interactive design because I leaned morse code when I was 6 years old. The adapted computer equipment wasn't available back then so I used morse code and sips and puffs to type. Every short (dot) was a sip into a computer straw and every long (dash) was a puff. It was effective but extremely tedious, not to mention exhausting. Kudos to interactive design!
Labels: Cassie_Enyart
2 Comments:
I think thats an excellent example of interactive design. Morse code is an art and a high form of interactive design. Somebody must be extremely talented at this form of communication to get their ideas across in a clear manner.
I'll second that. Morse code is an example that I hadn't thought about either, and I'm sure even that seems pretty outdated by today's technological standards.
Post a Comment
<< Home