Cassie_2_Q
On page 27, the book discusses casting a wide net when conducting interviews for a project. It says that the designer should interview both the sponsor and the people affected by the project because often people lower on the organization chart have deeper insights than those toward the top. This is true in more areas of design. For example, I deal with this sort of hierarchy on a daily basis in the medical system. Both others and myself have certain health care needs, but we are not the ones putting up the money so our opinions and ideas often fall on deaf ears. I think an interview process, such as the one in the text, would help in tipping the scales into balance. This way both parties could discuss wants and needs and develop a plan to make everybody happy. Too often, I think the higher-ups just look at the money and forget that what they do affects people's lives. It's just an idea I had when I read Chapter 2. Does anybody know what I mean?
Labels: Cassie_Enyart
1 Comments:
As Mitch said in another post, we often forget how much money drives projects more than it should.
I definately can see that happenning with health care higher-ups, though it is a shame that both it happens and that it makes sense to me that it happens. Again, it's all about the funding, isn't it?
Post a Comment
<< Home