Lauren_Ch.1_I
After Reading the first chapter I wanted to look up some new items in technology. This is what I found and it seems weird and a little out of control. Some of you may have seen this but I have never herd of this. Here is the link:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/17/technology/personaltech/17basics.html?_r=1&oref=slogin
Labels: Lauren Elliott
2 Comments:
That is an awfully interesting contraption on that website...I doubt its practicality though. A lot of us like the huge screen, theater experience because we can share it with other people. We like to look at the person next to us, look at our popcorn, etc, and could not have that interaction with that thing.
Personally, I don't care at all about sharing what I'm doing with someone else.
I saw a pair like this on G4 that simulated some huge resolution, like a 36 inch screen. I hope a model arrives soon with a headset so I could use VoIP or Ventrilo through the same piece, not to mention a better set of headphones. I would also be concerned about light spill. Hell, just make it a helmet, like something a helicopter pilot would use.
Those would be great for gaming instead of a larger monitor or projector screen. I wonder if they can display multiple desktops, or if I could set up my PC to display them as one desktop and have a projector and a monitor as additional desktops also in the room.
I had my waffles ROFL'd the other day by USB 3.0. It's going to be incredibly fast (5 Gb/s), use less power than 2.0 and be retrocompatible with 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0. Talk about making my life easier when I'm using a firewire to transfer 10+ Gb files for digital video or large archives of smaller files.
Post a Comment
<< Home