Lauren_Ch3_I
In the part of Ch. 3 that talks about the different laws it seems like they are more facts and perdictions or theories other than "laws". They just seem like good rules or guid lines to follow when working.
Labels: Lauren Elliott
Interactive Video Design
In the part of Ch. 3 that talks about the different laws it seems like they are more facts and perdictions or theories other than "laws". They just seem like good rules or guid lines to follow when working.
Labels: Lauren Elliott
4 Comments:
I noticed that too. Maybe he means they are the unwritten laws? I dont know...facts and theories are good things to follow by though.
I kind of thought that too because none of those "laws" are absolute. One day we may not use them anymore for good design. Or, the definitions of them may change.
In the introduction to the Laws section, Saffer even admits they're not "hard and fast" rules, but they are principles, theories, applications, etc. that have been used successfully.
I'll agree with Matt here. This chapter is less concept/ideas based and more focussed on clear-cut fact. I understand that some rules are necessary, but the reading isn't very thought-provoking.
Post a Comment
<< Home