Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Lydia_2_I

Before reading chapter 2 I had never thought about the different approaches to design. I just kind of assumed that companies had a problem to resolve or a need to fulfill, figured out how to solve it, and brought the designers in to create it.

Of the four approaches, the Systems Design is the least appealing to me because it seems so mathematical and complex. The approach that appeals to me the most is Activity Design. I like the organization and structure to the designing process and that each specific design detail is created to fulfill a specific need. With my personality and thinking methods, it makes sense why this approach appeals most to me.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 8:40 PM, Blogger Matt Koehler said...

I think that everybody has their own favored approach to design depending on the type of person they are. I am defiantly an activity design person as well.

 
At 12:19 AM, Blogger Alyson said...

In the various coding classes I've taken, I've found that I tend towards the "systems design" even though I think it's not anywhere near the best option. Someday maybe there will be a good way to create systems that actually work in a way the everyday user can understand, but probably not for a long, long while.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Greg said...

I favor genius design because I am a genius.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home