Matt_Koehler_Ch_1_I
On page 13 the internet is being discussed. I thought it was interesting that in the early 1990's the World Wide Web began a new milestone of communication throughout the world. I try to look back when I was 6 years old without the internet. I know some 6 year olds now that know more about the internet then my dad did back in the early 1990's (my dad is a computer net worker and programmer) It is just amazing how fast this type of technology is moving. The book gives other examples of the new types of communication we have come up with. Dance Dance revolution where we communicate using our feet?! Karaoke, and online multi player games are a few other examples. The net is continuing to grow and the book stated that the internet will become less reading and more along the lines of interactive communication. interesting
4 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The internet and other technology growing so fast almost makes me nervous. Sometimes it seems like technology is moving faster than we are as people! I guess that says something about the human condition though...we create to satisfy our curiosity.
The most amusing thing I find about our created technology is the force that drives it: money. As individuals, instead of placing money into technology to help our society such as space exploration or medical treatments, we dump hundreds or thousands of dollars each year in entertainment systems (iPods, gaming consoles, sound systems, personal computers) and content for them. The money funneling in to the entertainment industries is the real reason they're advancing at the exponentially increasing rate they are.
Ashley, this is the reason why movies like Terminator and The Matrix trilogy fascinate us. We as a condition are afraid of ourselves.
Post a Comment
<< Home