Nathan_Ch.2_I
I have always been fascinated by the process of creation. I mean the iPod, in theory is really a simple idea. All it is basically, is a laptop hard-drive with a screen attached and a dumb OS to run it. Although not a difficult concept, it has generated Billions in revenue and has revolutionized how people listen and create music. But I find it hard to believe that Apple does not use any User-Created-Design when creating each new iPod. Oh wait, maybe I do, the new Nano is grotesque. I should know, I sell them.
4 Comments:
This is random, but I do remember back in Junior High when the first MP3 player came out my friend owned one for 300 dollars and had an outstanding memory of 512mb. The 40 song capacity was unheard of at the time. I think its cool to see that ipods are still selling for 300 dollars but can hold as much music or even more then the average laptop 80g+.
One thing that amazes me about Apple is that every other company seems to be trying to adapt their products to be more like the Apple products. It is pretty impressive that they can be so right in so many areas that they leave their competitors scrambling to keep up.
Ironically, Apple doesn't utilize user created products. HA! I have always felt that although MACs run great, they are not as novice-friendly as PCs.
I have to disagree. Macs are completely user-friendly, and alot harder to mess up than a PC system.
By the way, I don't own an MP3 player of any kind, and don't feel the need.
Post a Comment
<< Home