Thursday, February 7, 2008

Ashley_ch.4_I

I think that in the right situation, research for design is a great idea. This way you get exactly what the client wants, and have a good understanding of what the user will want. However, I am not sure if an entire chapter on how to do the research was necessary. Maybe it's just because I am in college, but I feel pretty confident that I could conduct any research I needed without reading this book first....

4 Comments:

At 11:10 AM, Blogger Greg said...

I would argue that an entire chapter devoted to research is a good idea, since so many people go about it the wrong way. And if you dive into a project without conducting the necessary research, you're pretty much screwed. Different projects require different methods, and since there was so much information in chapter 4, it's easy to skim through and pick which style best suits your project.

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Cassie said...

I both agree and disagree. On one hand, I've seen alot of people skip right over the interview/research step and in the end, the project isn't successful. On the other hand, I'm not sure that an entire chapter on research is necessary to get the point across.

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Matt Koehler said...

I think the chapter was important to have. like greg said there are multiple ways to conduct research. I thought the book did a really good job describing the methods. In order to do something right we would need in depth information. The book is very useful

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Lydia Sparling said...

I agree and disagree as well. I thought that the chapter was a little lengthy for the topic at hand but I have to say that I did learn a few new, helpful bits of information.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home