Ashley_ch5_Q/I
As far as personas go, I'm not really sure why someone would need to get a whole bunch of personal information about people to come up with simple trends. I understand how it could be helpful, but it seems sort of extreme. Does anybody know whether or not they use things like in the figure 5.8 on page 97? That seems creepy to me that people would be willing to give all that info about themselves just for research.
Also, I personally like to use storyboards because they help guide my projects...but I use them as just that, a guide only. I know that they are not nearly as detailed as what I will have to ultimatly be in order to get the final product to turn out right. And I think that a lot of people get really wrapped up in following their storyboards or outlines exactly, but you have to give yourself room to change things for the betterment of the project.
3 Comments:
Figure 5.8 seemed a little off-putting to me, too. I almost expected to see a list of turn ons and turn offs in that profile.
I was more of the opinion that Personas were a combination of a group of individuals who would be like the "fake" person, but not exact.
I completely agree with your comments on storyboarding. There are such a helpful tool to get your project up and running but you definitely need to develop and evolve much more from your basic beginning storyboards.
Post a Comment
<< Home