Friday, February 8, 2008

Greg_4_I

There were a whole lot of research techniques described in this chapter, some of which can actually be applied to our project. While we won't be conducting in-depth interviews or handing out beepers, we will need to scout our locations and take notes to make sure we're prepared when we actually go through with our recordings. If nothing else, this chapter got me to think about how much more planning is needed than I had initially thought. I'm sure a potential fault with a project like this is that, since students are already familiar with campus, they think they could just grab a camera and go take some pictures, without considering the many variables that are inherent to the process. Hopefully, the material in chapter 4 will get students into a more detail-oriented mindset.

4 Comments:

At 11:49 AM, Blogger Matt Koehler said...

All of us in this class have been around campus for up to 4 or 5 years. We have to be careful to include things that we dont think are important, but incoming freshman might. We have to start thinking like new students to the school and get pictures and videos of things we know they would want to see.

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Lydia Sparling said...

I agree, we will have to change our current perspective to the perspective we had when we were deciding whether or not to attend Ball State. And also to that of a visitor to campus, like parents or a speaker.

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Matt H. said...

Yeah, it's important to look at this with empathy to the users. For some it will be their first exposure to Ball State.

 
At 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really liked that you talked about us knowing the campus already and how we need to be sure to consider this project from an outsider's point of view. I had not thought about this before, but I think this will change the way I go about this with my group!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home