Friday, February 22, 2008

Greg_6_I

Google has reached the kind of heights that other companies strive to meet, and it's because of innovations like the one mentioned in the book. In fact, I have Gmail up right now, carrying out a conversation about the legalities of bike stealing while I'm posting this. In addition, there is Google Image Search, Maps, etc. It all focuses on usability and easy accessibility, pretty much all the stuff this book discusses. Once the name of your company is commonly used as a verb, it's safe to say you're doing something right.

3 Comments:

At 12:58 PM, Blogger Alyson said...

Ironically, as I we were chatting, I noticed that google diferentiates between chat window and mail by what you're hovering over...and I thought that it worked well in that situation, I guess that's usability for you.

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Lydia Sparling said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Lydia Sparling said...

I love google applications!! It is the best email service I have ever had and they are always coming up with something new and helpful. I guess it pays to treat your employees so well.

http://www.google.com/support/jobs/
bin/static.py?page=benefits.html#bbb

Check out the beyond the basics section

 

Post a Comment

<< Home