Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Lydia_4_I

I was happy to read in Chapter 4 that design research should be done by no one else but the designers. I agree that to get the most out of research, you should be conducting the research. Often times people just use research done by others, but there is no way it could be as effective as being involved with your own subjects. By being there in person you can notice the subject's personality, feelings toward the project or issue, and the understanding the subject has for the project or issue.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 12:46 AM, Blogger Alyson said...

It seems so simple, yet so many people just rely on the numbers. Honestly, in a field of interaction design, it makes the most sense to be out and observing how people interact with anything and everything, doesn't it?

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Matt Koehler said...

I agree. Interaction is the best way to find out if something truley works the way it is supposed to. Like you said.. Numbers are simply just numbers. The interaction process gives users a better understanding and also a better visual to obtain data.

 
At 5:59 AM, Blogger mhsanders said...

I disagree. Product researchers should leave open the option of having a third party actually conduct the research so as to remove any bias.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home