Matt_H._Ch_3_I
The Poka-Yoke principle is interesting to me. Sometimes I wish the world had been designed using that principle. Or just think if we were designed using that principle. Somehow we would be prevented from making mistakes in life. lol
One example I can think of that uses the Poka-Yoke principle are the power supplies to all my gadgets. I call them bricks on a rope. Each one has a plug that is designed only to fit the correct device. Some of the bricks look identical. But the other day I was searching the one for a certain device and atempted to use the wrong one. I was prevented from doing so by the Poka-Yoke design, in turn saving myself the cost of replacing the device because it surely would have be fried had the connection been made.
Labels: Matt Holcomb
1 Comments:
Yeah, I've been through a living hell when it comes to getting the correct voltage for foreign PC accessories. I had the exact same thought: they should make it more easy to tell the different power supplies apart through a color system or something.
Post a Comment
<< Home