Friday, February 8, 2008

Matt_H._Ch_4_Q

Research is one of my favorite things to do. As designers we need to know how our clients need things done, how they work. The best way is research. you know... Make the contacts, ask the questions, write the stuff down and draw up a plan. I have been doing a little bit of research on my own about software and computer design... just to see how people in general feel about it.. and, ...I have found that alot of people, more than 60% are dis-satified with some part of their software or computer system. The answers have been either it doesn't do something they want, or fails to do something it is supposed to do. So my question is...

Do you think enough research is being done today in the software and computer design area?

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I don't really think so. I find myself using a lot of computer programs that I wonder how the average person could figure this out without help. Even office programs that get used by so many people are sometimes confusing. I think that with better research and planning some (but certainly not all) of those issues could be helped.

 
At 6:03 AM, Blogger mhsanders said...

The new Ribbon design annoys me. Sorry for being old-fashioned, but it's confusing when a program that's looked the same for 10+ years suddenly completely changes its UI around.

Did the recent UI change in iMovie even bother anyone else? I haven't heard a whimper about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home