Friday, February 15, 2008

Matt_H._Ch_5_I

I feel like the idea of persona, scenerio is a good idea when designing. If I do a good job of personifying the design it definately makes the products (programs) more successful.

I'm sorry to bring up music again, but it is a field I am familiar with. And there is a great example of a designer not doing a good job of personifying there. The person who designed file sharing programs failed to include the musicians (or any copyright owners) in their design. (Napster etc). The mistake led to a horrible mess we're all familiar with.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Blogger Matt Koehler said...

good example. music over the internet has so many flaws. Napster learned from it the hard way. It just blows my mind to know that there are still programs online doing the exact same thing Napster got nailed for. If the artists would get credit for their music there would be no problem.

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger mhsanders said...

Looking at the history of direct P2P programs and the current indirect distribution system and/or underground video streaming sites, it's a case of stamping out one fire only to have ten more spring up. It's the way it's going to be from here on out.

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Lauren Elliott said...

I agree with matt that the artists should get credit for their work but if I can get it for free like everyone else I am going to get it.

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Cassie said...

I'm not really sure about the whole persona method. It seems a bit of a waste of time to me to gather fake pictures and personal information in order to create what is nothing more than an avatar all for the sake of playing through scenarios. Why can't scenarios just exist on paper or in the mind like a mathematical story problem? I'm not saying the concept is useless; I just think it's a little extreme.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home