Mitch_7_1
Many developers and products severely underestimate the potential for user-posted content to expand the original. I can think of tons of ways that a product's user base or third parties have kept the thing alive and given the developers ideas that they would never have thought of - Starcraft maps, Pro Tools plugins, and Counter-Strike emerging from the original Half-Life as a completely different game are examples of software developers working with the user base to produce a remarkable, almost communal product. If a product or a system gets hacked, it means that it just didn't have enough flexibility for its users in the first place.
1 Comments:
I agree, but I also understand that it boils down to money for a lot of companies, and that is why they design the way they do. Programs like Pro Tools and Final Cut are popular now because they do allow so much flex and options. That is also why they are taking over the market share for what they do. They basically give the code and let you play with it. It has become very profitable for them.
Post a Comment
<< Home