Ashley_ch9_I
When he was talking about the next web, the thing that I thought about was that the reason tools and things are going to have to be smarter is because our generation is incredibly computer literate and we expect technologies to take this into consideration. As a generation, we want what we want, when we want it, and we want to use technology to get it. In general, we feel very comfortable with the web, and look to it for everything. As more of us use the web, smarter apps and tools will have to be designed just to keep us satisfied. One thing that will have to get better with this increase in using the web is security. Doing everything on the web can be great for saving time, but can be dangerous too!
I'm all for human-robot interactions, as long as they work for long periods of time without breaking down (same thing with ubiquitous computing). If i have to have it repaired often or it's too complicated to program, how does that save me time? That robot thing that vacums your floors for you is awesome. I want one for my apartment!
Some of those wearables that are for exercise seem very handy too. They can be great for people who work out a lot because it can monitor your heartrate and things to ensure you are working at a healthy level and not too hard or soft for your needs. Seems great to me!
5 Comments:
This comment has been removed by the author.
That vacuum robot will have to WAIT. I want DOG!
im glad you are on the same page as me. all these futuristic things are cool, but will they do the job? are they REALLY worth the money and time to develop them? I love to see the internet grow, but the hug shirts and robot sweepers will have to wait. just my opinion
The wearables looked interesting, but that hug shirt made me a little uncomfortable. At least the guy wasn't wearing hug pants.
I half-way agree with Matt, but only in the way that some of these futuristic items are trying to be too futuristic and end up not really doing the job effectively. The great thing is when one of those too-futuristic products fails and then the next company comes around with something very similiar, but it actually does the job very well.
I think it is important to spend the time and money developing, because that's where we see the trail and failure of what the public agrees is "doing the job well."
Post a Comment
<< Home