Friday, March 21, 2008

Greg_9_I

With all of the talk about advanced robotics in this chapter, I would like to take the time to share a bit of technology that unnerves me a way that no other piece of equipment can match. I'm sure some of you have seen it, and are likely as scarred as I. This is but a cautionary video of the terrible, horrifying future to which we will likely be subjected in the future if we fail to heed the warning of this creepy prancing robot in the present.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1czBcnX1Ww

2 Comments:

At 2:05 PM, Blogger Alyson said...

Speaking from a design standpoint, I am completely enthralled with this robot (while also being completely terrified).

Usually a walking robot is inferior to a rolling one, because it is slow and cumbersome. Here they have not only designed it to be quick but also nimble while also carrying a load of 350lbs. (Anyone notice how its load did not even touch the ground even though it slipped all over the ice?)

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Cassie said...

I don't know much about this piece of advanced interactive design, but I will now have nightmares for a week. That was completely disturbing, exhilarating, and terrifying to watch. I'm not sure what this means for the future.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home