Matt_H_Ch_8_Q
To me this idea of services is the same as being an inventor. Inventors are always looking for ways of doing things that make people's lives easier. Henry Ford invented a space where someone could control a car by pushing pedals and turning wheels, acomplishing a 'travel' service in a better way.
I invented a download jukebox service that sells songs to fans for 99 cents. I plan to incorporate the idea I read in ch 7 about keeping track of what people download. I could display a little sign by each album that says, people who downloaded this also... It's a great idea and would enhance my service, and I don't think that it will became annoying. Do you?
Labels: Matt Holcomb
4 Comments:
I don't think it would be annoying at all to show download statistics next to the songs. itunes shows you the download popularity status in their service. I think that for some people they will be more apt to download more popular songs because they trust the musical tastes of the masses.
That idea pretty much works for Amazon, although sometimes it's hit or miss. Sometimes a recommendation will be a little bit out of left field, but I'm assuming the library of music you're working from isn't on the same scale. And at 99 cents, it's not like people are going to go broke by trying something new.
personally i like to know how many people have downloaded something. download.com shows how many downloads they have had and it helps me decide which program i want because i know it must be good if a million people have already downloaded it. good idea
I don't think that would be too annoying. It's not like people have to read the suggestions. Also, if it's working for Amazon, it's probably not a bad idea. Go for it!
Post a Comment
<< Home