Sunday, March 16, 2008

Mitch_8_1

Hey, I found my book! Awesome.

I like the part about the chef. I wish Best Buy employees would flip and juggle flash drives and Xbox games on a hot skillet before I bought them. That would make me want to shop there more often.

In all seriousness, the best interactive service design I have ever seen was the developer-fan support for Guild Wars (before it got crappy after the expansion came out). The developers monitored player feedback from their forums, and had candid conversations with the player base in their Frog Talks. BLIZZARD's WoW developers seem completely out-of-touch with the player base, often taking months to fix glaring issues or banning users for inane reasons. As a new media user, it's satisfying to me to feel that I had some role in the community or outcome in developing a user interface.

2 Comments:

At 5:59 PM, Blogger Nathan Keller said...

Sorry Mitch, I think I may be the only other person who knows what you are talking about.

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Cassie said...

I'm not entirely familiar with that interface, bbut that is a cool method of service design.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home